What is BOATR?
The National Program for Municipal Fishing Vessels and Gears Registration dubbed as "BoatR" is a follow through of the FishR program.
It is designed to enhance, fast-track and complete the nationwide registration of municipal fishing vessels three (3) gross tons and below and municipal fishing gears as required under EO No. 305 s. 2004 and Sec. 19 of RA 10654 (formerly RA 8550) or the Philippine Fisheries Code of 1998.
- Program Objectives:
- Develop and promote a simplified and standardized national registration system for BoatR
- Get the support of all coastal municipalities and cities to use the standardized registration system and to integrate with and regularly update the BoatR System
- Use the data in the Boat Registry, to design fisheries management and biodiversity conservation measures
- Why establish and maintain a Fisherfolk Registry?
- To protect preferential rights of subsistence fisherfolk
- To establish realible information on fishing vessels and gears relevant to the fisherfolk's welfare and to fisheries and coastal conservation
- To efficiently deliver government programs and benefits to targeted beneficiaries
- To strengthen tenure and livelihood security
- To have immediate access to government assistance packages
REGIONAL FISHING VESSEL & GEAR COUNT
|Province||Registered Boat||Registered Gear|